Why are the 404 labelled channels not coming up with my API get?

Why are the 404 labelled channels not coming up with my API get?

Here is my link to my project, and for some reason, the channels that the project labels as “nonexistent” are breaking the api call. As you can see I have a console.log(data) to let me see the output from my json get, and the channels dont even show up, but when I input the links to them in my browser, I at least get an error output. Why isnt the console log picking up on this, it’s affecting the part of the project where I have a special notation for “non existent” channels.

The callback function you have for getJSON is actually just a success handler. This means that when the server responds with an error, that function won’t be invoked. I think the simplest solution here is to use the promise API to catch errors. Basically, it will look like this

$.getJSON(url)
    .then(function(data) { /* handle success here */ })
    .catch(function(error) { /* handle error here */ })

Notice that instead of including the function as a parameter to getJSON, we’re using the then and catch methods.

Okay, that’s interesting thanks. That makes sense, someone told me the other day that json is just shorthand for ajax, and ajax has success and failure functions. I will try and implement this and see how that goes.