Why is it saying I haven't done this,

Tell us what’s happening:
I have followed the steps in the exercise but it is not saying I have completed , it is saying Your h1 element should be commented out so that it is not visible on the page. When it is and Your p element should be commented out so that it is not visible on the page. When it is. What am I missing? The only thing showing on my output is the h2 heading which is what was supposed to be the case, this is what my output page looks like CatPhotoApp which, according to the exercise is how it is supposed to be, but it’s not allowing completion of the exercise.
Your code so far

<h1><!--Hello World--></h1>

<h2>CatPhotoApp</h2>

<p><!--Kitty ipsum dolor sit amet, shed everywhere shed everywhere stretching attack your ankles chase the red dot, hairball run catnip eat the grass sniff.--></p>

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/88.0.4324.150 Safari/537.36 OPR/74.0.3911.107.

Challenge: Comment out HTML

Link to the challenge:

1 Like

it looks for the tags so try including the tags in the comment

You need to wrap the entire element in a comment. For example: <!-- <h1>Hello World</h1>-->

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.