Why is my code not highlighted in the right colours?

So in a previous project in which my code did work the code had different colours (observe the code in pink):

But in the project I am working on now the code that should be in pink is not highlighted in pink, as shown:

Why is this happening? How do I fix it?

(Side note: I believe this pink thing is the reason why my return res.json(response); line is returning undefined instead of the contents of response)

https://boilerplate-project-american-british-english-translator.jaimeggb.repl.co

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/94.0.4606.61 Safari/537.36

Challenge: American British Translator

Link to the challenge:

Hello!

That may happen sometimes on every editor because:

• A bug in the editor
  • A bug in your code (i.e., an error in your code, like a missing ; or other punctuation)

A bug on online editors may occur if, for instance, one of the required libraries (JavaScript files) fails to be loaded. Other times it may be a bug on one of the libraries, for which you can’t fix.

Make sure there are no syntax errors, as sometimes JavaScript may not fail and you may think it’s working correctly.

You can search online for a syntax error checker for JavaScript to be sure (or use one on your computer and/or setting up a linter).

2 Likes

I just opened a new boilerplate repl and pasted my code and everything was fine

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.