Why is my progress not being saved

My entire progress was gone and i was sent back all the way back to HTML . I Just spent 2 .5 hrs going through the HTML section all over and my progress is still not saved. This is most frustrating

Bugs should always be reported as GitHub Issues. Whenever reporting a bug, please check first that there isn’t already an issue for it and provide as much detail as possible.

Smae thing happened to me. I haven’t been on in a while and I thought there might have been a change to the site.

There’s a problem with the first challenge, but other than that any challenges that you complete should be recorded as completed.

When you say there is an issue with the first challenge but the others should be recorded as completed can you please be specific because i had gone through at least half of the HTML section and none of it is saved and this after all of my progress had been lost after your update. I almost at the end of the Algorithm challenge. So now i have to start all over again, with no guarantee that any of my work will be saved.

If your public portfolio shows no lessons completed, then that would mean that you have inadvertently created a new profile instead of logging into your existing one. You would need to reach out to team@freecodecamp.org for help with that. If you’re seeing a lot of challenges on the curriculum page that aren’t checked off, it’s because a ton of challenges have been added.

Even if your progress was lost (it’s not), you wouldn’t need to do anything over again. The lessons are not required. Only the projects are required.