Wikipedia Viewer - prepend to ul not showing up, but loads to console

Okay, not sure why this is, but even though my code works when I display results in the console, my attempt to prepend these results to my unordered list just show nothing. Also, at times when I have entered a new word into the search bar, I have seen the prepended results show up for a split second and then disappear again. Is it my code or is it the code editor?

This is what came up when I logged my search “cat” in the search bar and hit the search button. Also the relevant code is at the top.

Just to clarify, when I replace “console.log” with “(“ul”).prepend”, nothing displays below my search bar. I’ve also tried giving the element an ID of “output”, and using “(”#output").prepend" or “(”#output").html" both give me nada.

Anyone?

Here you go, m8. Thanks!

https://codepen.io/codejumper/pen/NXwNOX

This all worked amazingly! Thank you so much! I had no idea I would need to prevent the button’s default anything from happening when I loaded the page, or that an action like that was even possible. Plus, the popper.js thing is completely new to me. What is Popper.JS for, anyway? I Googled it but it still doesn’t make sense to me.