Wordpress, where are custom plugin source files?

Hi, in Wordpress admin menu there are usual links like Posts, Settings and 1 custom link to wp-admin/admin.php?page=my-custom-admin-page.

But I can’t find where is the source code of the stuff that is displayed on the subpage. I tried searching all source files for “my-custom-admin-page” with no results.

Hey @pagarel

Welcome to the forums. Try adding this free plugin to WordPress, then view the page you want to edit. You will now see a new item in the admin menu across the top, and it will contain the page template and it’s location of the page you are currently viewing.

Show Current Template

1 Like

Hello! Welcome to the community :partying_face:!

All plugin files reside under /wp-content/plugins. You may not see references to it because it’s an admin page and WP builds the URLs dynamically.

Take a look at the documentation: https://developer.wordpress.org/plugins/administration-menus/

1 Like

Hey @pagarel

I misunderstood you question - sorry about that.

@skaparate is correct about the location, but I would add that there is one more place to look. Sometimes there is another folder just for “Must Use” plugins, that is plugins that must be used. They are typically located in the folder found here:

wp-content/mu-plugins

1 Like