Hi everyone, I have just finished my tribute page https://codepen.io/noxious_agave/pen/zYzbgNM . This is my first ever webpage so it is very simple and draws much from the given example design wise.
Welcome to the forums @madzi. Your page looks good. Some things to revisit;
- Codepen provides the boilerplate for you. It only expects the code you’d put within the
bodyelement in the HTML editor. (No need to include the
bodytags). For anything you want to add to the
<head>element click on the ‘Settings’ button, then HTML and add it into the ‘Stuff for <head>’ box.
- For instance, links to fonts go in the box labeled ‘Stuff for <head>’
- Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
- There is an HTML syntax/coding errors] you should be aware of and address.
- Run your CSS code through the W3C validator.
- There is a coding error you should be aware of and address.
- Accessibility is about being accessible to all users. Review the giving meaningful text to links lesson. For a more thorough explanation read Web Accessibility in Mind.
- “click here” is not accessible
A suggestion, look up the difference between the
bold tags in semantics. They both display the same but they have a different meaning.
Thank you, I will try address the issues you have brought up
I have cleaned up the code and fixed all the issues brought up, thanks for the help.
Looks good @madzi.
That’s exactly what I was talking about. Using bold rather than strong. Just one thing. The tags are
</b>. I’ve made that same mistake myself.
Look forward to seeing your next project.
Sheesh, I am feeling many levels of ineptitude right now, final corrections made and thank you so much for your time.
Don’t feel that way. Like I said, I’ve done it also. Second set of eyes always helps.