Tribute Page First time coder

Hi guys. Take a look at my project. Let me know what you think.

1 Like

it looks really great.

1 Like

Great Job. Only change I would make is the font for his name. Maybe use the same as “Vincent’s Timeline”? That would reduce the number of fonts (usually a good thing) and make the look a bit more uniform. Overall its beautiful though, nice work.

-4trio19 :pineapple:

1 Like

Thanks I will change it think it will look better that way.

Hi, and first of all welcome to the forum :slight_smile: I like your page quite a lot actually. It looks neat, it’s responsive for the most part and I appreciate the fact that you didn’t go crazy with the color palette :smiley: That said, I have just a couple of suggestions:

• I completely agree with @4trio19 about reducing the number of fonts on your page. I suppose you’ve accepted his suggestion and made a change because I can see that the title and “Vincent’s Timeline” are now the same font, but even with this change you still have four different fonts. I would maybe ditch the Dancing Script font and use Montserrat instead. Then you can use other styling elements to make the main text different from, say, image caption. For example, make it smaller or italic or gray instead of black, etc. It’s just something to think about :slight_smile:
  • I would also suggest making your timeline list a bit wider on smaller screens because it gets pretty narrow as the screen size shrinks. You can use media queries for this.

Other than this, awesome job! Congratulations on completing this project and good luck going forward :blush:

2 Likes

Hi thank you all so much for your advice. I will definitely take a look at that.

2 Likes

Hi @Asuna-Pixel, welcome to the forums. Your page looks good.

• Not sure if you noticed but even though you’re using the <strong> tag the text on your page doesn’t render as such. This is because when you imported your font you only selected regular. Go back to Google Fonts and when you select your font it will give you the link. All well and good so far but what you then need to do is click on the ‘customize’ link (next to ‘embed’) and there click the bold checkbox also. Click the ‘embed’ link and put the new link in your page. (Notice it now has weights for 400 & 700). Btw, I did this too with a page I was working on and asked a question about why I wasn’t seeing the font output the way I expected here in the forums and it was explained to me. Here’s the link to my post which includes a quick video the responder made showing how to do what I just explained.
  • Review the lesson about giving meaningful text to links
1 Like