2nd survey form

Hi guys, this is the 2nd survey form I make:
https://codepen.io/ValerioCipolla/pen/poeJdLe

any feedback on how I am doing?

Also, in the comment box at the end, I put a placeholder, but it doesn’t show for some reason, unless you click on the comment box and delete all the empty spaces to get to the start of the box. Any help on fixing that?

Thank you

1 Like

@valeriocipolla92 Get rid of the whitespaces between your textarea tags

Hi @valeriocipolla92

Congratulations for completing the project and making all the tests pass. I think it would be a lot better if you made the form responsive. I have also noticed you skipping from h1 to h6. Is that valid HTML?

Your form looks good @valeriocipolla92. Some things to revisit;

• Do not use the <br> element to force line breaks or spacing. That’s what CSS is for.
  • Change the cursor to a pointer when hovering over the submit button
  • You should not skip from h1 to h6. On top of that you made the font size the same for both elements. Why not just code two h1 tags?

There’s whitespace between the two textarea tags that prevents the placeholder from showing.

Thank you @Roma (and everyone else for the tips). I have made the suggested changes

https://codepen.io/ValerioCipolla/pen/poeJdLe

Only 1 question. I took the “br” tags out, but I didn’t know how to make the elements align one under the other, so I wrapped each element around a “p” tag. Is that acceptable? is there a better way?

Your form is looking good @valeriocipolla92. Some additional things to revisit;

• Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
    • There are HTML syntax/coding errors you should be aware of and address.
    • Since copy/paste from codepen you can ignore the first warning and first two errors.
  • Instead of using <br> elements to have each inline element on a new line, use or set container elements to be block-level elements so they’ll each take up the full width. There are a few ways to accomplish this and wrapping them in a paragraph element is one of them. You could have wrapped them in a div element with a common class name and used CSS. The lessons briefly touched on the fieldset element. You can group the radio buttons and checkboxes and used a display property to align them.
    Search and see what’s out there.
    Look at other code and play with it and see what happens when you make changes.
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.