53 kitchen to computer

Hello code campers. This world is very new to me. using a macbook and learning to code. help guide me please.

Thank you,
Andrew Berzak

Hi there @ChefDrew,
You don’t have to worry too much, in my experience, the people here on freeCodeCamp (FCC) are very nice, helpful and willing to help guide you if you get stuck. Of course, there is some expectation that you put energy into learning the lessons and performing the tests (some people think they can get help with every little detail in every lesson/test, which might be making use of the kind forum-users a bit too much).
If you try your hardest, I am sure there are users willing to help when you get stuck with something or want some feedback.

By the way: Welcome to the world of coding, Andrew! :smiley:

Hello SwedishErik,
Thank you for the kind reply. I am working on things to the best of my ability., Its been a few 'years" since Ive been in a learning environment. boy have things changed. I will follow your advice.

Thanks
Chef Drew

Hello Erik,
I hope this finds you and your family well. Im still at it and enjoying for the most part hehehehe. Im stuck on a couple things. I use w3schools before asking here.

1. When I type or paste code into the comment area (here) to show my work and question in detail, it doesn’t show would you know why?
  2. Question 18 in html/css. Ive typed the following code(if it doesn’t appear please see question 1)

What do you enjoy when not coding?
thank you!
Chef Drew

When you enter a code block into a forum post, please precede it with a separate line of three backticks and follow it with a separate line of three backticks to make it easier to read.

You can also use the “preformatted text” tool in the editor (</>) to add backticks around text.

See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard.
Note: Backticks (`) are not single quotes (’).

I tried back ticks and that didnt help with the answer. Thank you for trying

@ChefDrew You didn’t type any code for your second question and the first question was answered above.

The back ticks are to write code in the forum, not for the challenge

Hi Andrew,

When you write a message you can use the button “Preformatted text” (the icon, which is on the bar right above the message, looks something like this: </> ), for me this is also available by Ctrl + E (but clicking the actual button makes it clearer how it should be used)).

As a side-note, I think you should be able to see a preview of how your post will look, to the right of the text (maybe not on the mobile, but on a computer). Only available after you closed the smaller window located to the right of the area where you write your message. (you can see the attached picture for an example)

Hope it helps :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.