About the Python category

Ask questions and share tips related to Python and any tools in the Python ecosystem.

24 Likes

can I build a mobile app with only python ?

10 Likes

I want to build mobile apps but I don’t know which language should I learn first ; actually a basic one to start with but now I 'm learning python basic. I’m on my lesson about “find strings in string” right now .I need help!

11 Likes

I tried searching an answer on google and found out that there are some Python frameworks for cross-platform app development that you can use to build Mobile apps such as Kivy, Beeware and many others.

1 Like

I would say that it is very close to being possible for someone that is not an expert, but you may need some familiarity with more primitive nuts and bolts ‘native’ scripting and coding such as Android’s Scripting Layer(SL4A) and a bit of C, or Objective C on iOS, to interact with specific mobile devices and their sensors. See qPython’s Android QSL4A examples (https://www.qpython.com/).
As for a first language to learn to build mobile apps, I would suggest Object-Oriented Python 3.7 rather than JAVA, even though JAVA is the most commonly used language for the Android SDK. Bypass JAVA as a second language for Javascript/ES6 (since you will understand O-O programming with Python and could pick JAVA up using Jython if required libraries were only available in Java). Javascript/ES6 and HTML, CSS etc. is cross-platform and a lot of Apps for Mobile devices are for interacting with and through the internet (See Node.js, React Native, Electron and NW.js etc.) Many Browser-based Web Apps also work offline and can be designed even for desktop only use. Then you can drill down to a language preferred by a mobile device operating system’s developers such as Java for Android or Objective-C for iOS.

“The goal of this training is to show you how to start developing full Android applications using only Python.”
https://www.pycon.it/conference/talks/developing-android-apps-completely-in-python

"Yes, you can use python language to develop a mobile app but nowadays most of the app developers are not using this because their SSL libraries are out of date. As checked quora has also answered previously - Can I make an Android app with Python?

Regards

Debra"
https://www.quora.com/Can-mobile-apps-be-developed-using-Python

Andrew Ritz

Andrew Ritz, I only work in practice. In theory I’m a total disaster!!

Updated Aug 17, 2015

“Since answering this question I’ve stopped using python-for-android because the SSL libraries are out of date and I couldn’t see a way to update them easily. Kivy is still a working alternative.”
https://www.quora.com/Why-is-Python-unsuitable-as-a-mobile-application-development-language

5 Likes

Thank you so much , I will try with your recommendations.

3 Likes

Thank you I have heard about Kivy on youtube .I will try with that .

2 Likes

Hi, I am new here.
So this might have came up else where so bare with me.

Why there is no Python on FreeCodeCamp’s curriculum? Is it possible to add it?
Since Python is on a huge demand and very popular.

6 Likes

PyThon的用处多大吉林11选5我自己i无法找到相关结果。。

1 Like

Javascript/ES6 and HTML, CSS etc. is cross-platform and a lot of Apps for Mobile devices are for interacting with and through the internet (See Node.js, React Native, Electron and NW.js etc.) Many Browser-based Web Apps also work offline and can be designed even for desktop only use. Then you can drill down to a language preferred by a mobile device operating system’s developers such as Java for Android or Objective-C for iOS.

“The goal of this training is to show you how to start developing full Android applications using only Python.”
https:// www.pycon.it/conference/talks/developing-android-apps-completely-in-python

"Yes, you can use python language to develop a mobile app but nowadays most of the app developers are not using this because their SSL libraries are out of date. As checked quora has also answered previously - Can I make an Android app with Python?

Although I love python, but im not sure i would recommend it for mobile app development. Mainstream languages for it such as c# and java are better suited, require less work and workarounds and are easier.

Though you should do your research carefully and never trust just one dude on internet. Use google and check whats best

Cheers

3 Likes

I was trying to automate excel using openpyxl by following an online course on Python basics. I was successful in performing arithmetic operations but when I tried to insert a chart in excel this happened:

I was wondering about that same thing. I recently watched freeCodeCamp’s YouTube video titled “Learn Python - Full Course for Beginners [Tutorial]” to prepare for a university course that’s about Geographic Information Systems, and I really enjoyed the video. I then proceeded to follow them on LinkedIn and signed up here, hoping there would a Python certification course I could do on the side of my university courses. At least there is HTML5 and JavaScript I can work on.

2 Likes

there is a business logic …how can we execute ATM logic …
can you send me the code for that …
the logic is …
If we enter the account number & password …if the password wrong it has to give only 3 changes after that it has to exit …

1 Like

Hi,

Learn from basic to advanced level in python from the best python training in pune.

Also get the chance of learning online about all the new tools and techniques in python.

2 Likes

Hi my name is RM MUSIC.

Currently I am new to this language and I want to know more about it’s various libraries.
I got a doubt about whether I should refer to Google about a library and learn from it, but that’s gonna be long because python has very large libraries.

So how to tackle this type of difficulty.

2 Likes

Hey please help me . i am not able to execute pip command whenver i am typing pip install … it shows error as pip is not recognized as an internal or external command.
i have added python to the path… python is working in cmd but pip isnt… what to do now… plsss help

Hi @Hackers_Arena. Have you read through answers to this stackoverflow question? It could be a solution to your problem.

Hello, I am new to python and this site too. Can anyone help me if I can convert hex to base64 without using python library? Thanks

Hi @christianjay,
Check out Beeware’s site, they are working in making cross-platform development in Python more feasible.

There are Python courses in freecodecamp.org.
Here

1 Like