About the request to add a language

Dear “FreeCodeCamp” administration, I have a question for you. Why don’t you have Russian? You have Ukrainian (which is spoken only by Ukrainians), but you don’t have Russian (which is spoken by people from 15 countries of the former Soviet Union). In 15 countries of the Soviet Union, and now the CIS, the second language was Russian. If you do not put the Russian language because of the current war between Russia and Ukraine, then this is a very stupid reason. I note that I am not Russian, but an Armenian, and now I consider myself disadvantaged. If you choose the languages ​​spoken by most of the world’s population, then it would be more correct to choose Russian as well. Refugees and migrants in European countries and Anglo-Saxon countries, not only from Ukraine, but also from other post-Soviet countries. I believe that not wanting to put the Russian language is discriminatory against all Russian-speakers, regardless of their nationality. Therefore, I would like to know if you can also add the Russian language?
Thank you in advance for your attention and understanding.
I hope to hear from you.

Sincerely,
Anna

We can only add languages where sufficient volunteers spend time translating the entire curriculum. We haven’t had enough Russia language speakers translating the curriculum.

If this is a critical issue to you, you can fix this by joining our translation efforts.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.