Adding CSS to modify Bootstrap

Hi, I’m trying to change the color of the text in h3. The Bootstrap default script that I inserted into my html section in codepen is overriding the code that I have in the CSS section. I think the way codepen is setup in which the CSS and the html sections are separated is giving me this problem because I think the CSS section is passed by codepen to the browser first and then the Boostrap script is executed second. I cut and paste the same code into a text editor and opened it and i was able to get it to work.

How can I overrider the Bootstrap script in codepen? I’m using codepen because I want to retain the testing script and I wasn’t able to get the script to work when I included it in my code on a regular text-editor.

Thanks in advance for all the help.

Here’s my code and I want to change the h3 “Introduction” text .

Not a bootstrap expert, and I avoid it because of this problem, but I believe there are two ways to accomplish this:

1. You can modify the bootstrap.css file yourself and host the modified one.
  2. You can use the !important modifier.
1 Like

Thanks, I’ll give it a try.

1 Like

Let me know if it works. I think option #2 is far easier, and what I’ve incidentally read others doing (and complaining about) on the web.

1 Like

Yes, it works, thanks for the help.

The site looks solid, but why is there a react icon when its a bootstrap doc page?

1 Like

I started with react but there was just too much material to cover so I decided to change it over to Bootstrap

1 Like