Announcement: Learn Outage

Announcement:

We are aware of the slow site loads on the learning platform. Our team is working on it, we request your patience with this.

You can watch this thread for updates.

Thanks.

Updates:

33 Likes

Okey, i hope you’ll fix it soon if it’s possible :slight_smile:

A post was merged into an existing topic: Main “Learn” Page fully loads but displays nothing

Any update on this ?

Cannot get into learn at all on freeCodeCamp.

Cheers for all you do !

2 Likes

I’ll countinue learning tomorrow then

2 Likes

Has been working intermittently , but not for every student

Update:

We are seeing heightened usage on our API endpoints. This is likely due to the newer curriculum format for the Responsive Web Design, which needs to update a user record more frequently.

We have provisioned additional capacity, but slow DB queries are the main reason for the slow loads.

Our team is working on optimizing the codebase as best we can, and this could take a while (each fix and release cycle takes a few good hours).

We request your continued patience meanwhile.

Thanks.

7 Likes

3 posts were split to a new topic: About my steaks and the current outage

Wishing you the best! Cannot wait to get back into learning!

4 Likes

I found if you are not logged in, for example if you use incognito mode, you have access to all learning material.

1 Like

in that case the database is not updated, so, yes, that would work

2 Likes

We can save it in notepad and then paste it on site when it’ll works

Thank you for the work-around!

1 Like

Update:

We have made a couple of rounds of releases. We are seeing slight improvements in load times.

The core performance issues still continue to exist.

The team has been working hard to bring things back to normal - you should eventually see the learning platform perform faster as we keep making tiny changes.

We wish we could have predicted this class of issues when operating at scale. We understand how frustrating this must be, and again we request your patience.

Thanks

6 Likes

Thank you for your hard work! Looking forward to study again :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s working so much better now!!! Thank you for all your hard work today - I bet you were in back-to-back emergency meetings and all-hands on deck type of day! time to grab a “Pepsi” : fist bump!!

as soo as I get better at coding, I will deff try to contribute to the platform - it’s such a great resource that is impacting many lives!

3 Likes

Thanks for your efforts.

Samson

1 Like

Update:

We have rolled out even more updates. And the platform should be in a much more usable state. Although we are in our non-peak hours as I post this.

:point_right: We are not completely out of the woods.

2-day scale:

4-hour scale:

As you can see, we have been working on steady progress with the issues, and API is making more and more successful resolutions.

We will continue to work on the issues and try and return to normalcy as soon as possible.

Thanks, everyone, for your patience and kind words as always.

3 Likes