Any cheap laptop suggestions for a beginner?

I advise you look at refurbished business laptops online I don’t know where in the world you live, but in many countries there will be an online store that sells refurbished laptops. You can get a good laptop, fair price with a clean windows installation. Refurbished business laptops will often have a glare free screen and better keyboard than consumer models.

I use an acer chromebook with crouton and loving it. I have completed all the back end dev projects for fcc (and some) using it.
I use the xfce desktop as I was worried about performance with ubuntu. If I started again I might try ubuntu, but I’m quite happy with the setup.
There are a few quirky things, caps lock, delete key and function keys are ‘fun’.

1 Like

Because I am sharing the specs of what I got for the price I got which shows what you can expect to get at certain benchmarks. Compare against what I got to determine if you’re getting a good deal. I’m also sharing my experience in looking for a good deal.

That’s how.

Maybe you could go and check the Amazon best selling laptops to see if there is anything meets your needs. Acer is good and I am currently using the Aspire E laptop. Not very powerful but good enough for almost work and entertaining.

I want to thank you guys because i had the same question and reading all the answers i feel more comfortable about taking my decision

Hello,

For this money you can get Celeron based Chromebooks. Acer Chromebook 11, for example.

If you add a little bit more you can get good certified refurbished computers from brands like Dell and ASOS.

I personally recommend Samsung Acer Flagship CB3-532 15.6" HD Premium Chromebook.