Applied Accessibility: Improve Readability with High Contrast Text Issues

Tell us what’s happening:
The prompt says to change the color from grey to dark grey. I replaced the original color code with the one provided but I keep failing the test. The original color code was #D3D3D3; I am supposed to change it to #636363.

Your code so far

<head>
  <style>
    body {
        color: #636363;
        background-color: #FFF;
   }
  </style>
</head>
<body>
  <header>
    <h1>Deep Thoughts with Master Camper Cat</h1>
  </header>
  <article>
    <h2>A Word on the Recent Catnip Doping Scandal</h2>
    <p>The influence that catnip has on feline behavior is well-documented, and its use as an herbal supplement in competitive ninja circles remains controversial. Once again, the debate to ban the substance is brought to the public's attention after the high-profile win of Kittytron, a long-time proponent and user of the green stuff, at the Claw of Fury tournament.</p>
    <p>As I've stated in the past, I firmly believe a true ninja's skills must come from within, with no external influences. My own catnip use shall continue as purely recreational.</p>
  </article>
</body>

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/78.0.3904.97 Safari/537.36.

Challenge: Improve Readability with High Contrast Text

Link to the challenge:
https://www.freecodecamp.org/learn/responsive-web-design/applied-accessibility/improve-readability-with-high-contrast-text

Hello @s_m_m1910, welcome to the forum community! :slight_smile:

I would just like to let you know that I have re-edit your post for readability purpose. This is so we can help you to solve your case. :slight_smile:

Now, when I was re-editing your post, There were two sets of code, the top set was showing the changes that you have made and the other bottom set is the original code. I have edited the original code out since it was not necessary to include it. However, if you did include the original code in the challenge, that will be down to why you are not passing the test. But, I will assume that you have not done this. Am i correct?

Otherwise, if you did not and you have change the font colour to the correct value, then this is rather odd. I would suggest to try doing this in the different browser or reset the code? If this doesn’t work, let’s us know.