for(i = cars.length - 1; i >= 0; i--) {
    for(j = cars.length - 1; j >= 0; j--) {
      const x = i;
      const y = diag - j;

if( x>= 0 && y<= diag) {
            console.log(result)
        }
    }

Can someone help with this? Trying to start from bottom right to top left. I know I need a function too.

I’ve edited your post for readability. When you enter a code block into a forum post, please precede it with a separate line of three backticks and follow it with a separate line of three backticks to make it easier to read.

See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard. The “preformatted text” tool in the editor (</>) will also add backticks around text.

Note: Backticks are not single quotes.

markdown_Forums

1 Like

So your j loop, which I assume you want to loop over the INNER arrays, should probably not be comparing to cars.length. Instead, at the first iteration (when i==0), you want to be setting j to cars[0].length-1. At the next iteration, when i==1, you want j to equal cars[1].length-1.

Each sub-array is found at a given index in the cars array. Can you think of a way, inside that inner loop, to get that? Hint: think about i.

[["A", "B", "C"],
["D", "E", "F"],
["G", "H", "I"]];

[ I, F, H, C, E, G, B, D, A];

Trying to get it to read like that. From bottom right to top left.

Because it is going from bottom right to top left and that is the most bottom right after it cycles thru the array that forms a square.