Big improvements to our community's forum

I have a browser bookmark for this: https://forum.freecodecamp.com/new?ascending=true&order=posts

Which isn’t perfect, but it does the job for me :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yep, that does the trick. Thanks

Hey I noticed a potential issue.

in the main forum, not all the categories are showing up under all categories.

The projects category is supposed to be excluded from the main view. Or are there other categories not showing?

doh… missed that bit

Oh there’s lots of changes :smiley: The New and Unread tabs are gone, but you can still access them via keyboard (g n and g u, respectively)

2 Likes

I would still be jazzed to see this thing go away.

This is great! Thank you for sharing this with me. I will also bookmark this. I have asked the Discourse team whether there is an official way to do this. https://meta.discourse.org/t/just-show-posts-with-no-replies/52775

Ooh, just noticed the advanced search options, too. That’s a great addition.

I noticed that too.

They show up sometimes an hour or whatever after i have already read the post. things like that. This has started in the last 4 hours or so i think.

Can also confirm :slight_smile:

The time delay seems to be three hours or so…I just got pinged for an old notification that was three hours old.

Maybe the Konami code was the glue keeping it all together?

OK - I figured out the problem and seem to have fixed it.

The forum should slowly clear the notification and email back-log.

Thanks for your patience.

1 Like

It’s not just you. I’m not sure why this is broken. Hot wasn’t working so hot, so I have removed it from navigation for the time being and removed it from this notice up top.

not having projects in the all categories anymore is going to (i feel anyway) make for people looking to have there projects reviewed a more difficult task … i only realized today that they were no longer included … i thought people were not finishing projects or not ready to post them
Now i have to filter for projects to see any type of project … to find out if anyone is looking for a review or help … this for most might not seem a major thing … but i have never used any filters as i have the setting set to all categories. And it was a nice to have access to everything with all categories.
I understand from a post on this … (someone pointed me in the direction when i posted thinking the all categories was broken ) that projects had being removed due to large volume. and i can accept this as a valid reason … i just feel those that are looking for reviews of there work will miss out … and maybe a eye can be kept on the project thread to see if this is the case

1 Like