Build a Survey Form HEEEELLLPPPPPP

Tell us what’s happening:
I can’t seem to get my code to work for User Story 6,8 and 9, I don’t get a HTML5 Validation error. I also can’t seem to get my margins/spacing right, for my buttons and grouping different paragraphs/sections. Here is a link to my Codepen, https://codepen.io/DevinCassidy/pen/xeZpxx

Any advice or tips are very much appreciated!

Your code so far

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_11_6) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/72.0.3626.119 Safari/537.36.

Link to the challenge:

Hey @DevinCassidy,

1. Check the type of input you put on the email field, if you use the right one it will solve the User story 6 :slight_smile:

2. Same as previous point, try to search for differents input types that exists

3. You can pass parameters on inputs check this reference here: Input number reference

Happy coding

2 Likes

Howdy! Let’s take a look at these user stories and why they’re not passing:

Email: <input type = "text" id="email" type="submit" required placeholder="required"> 

It’s not making sure the text is in a valid email format because you have the input type set to text try changing it to email.

Number: <input type = "text" id="number" type="submit" required placeholder="required">

Same situation here. The input type is wrong and it’s not validating it correctly. Change text to number.

Number: <input type = "text" id="number" type="submit" required placeholder="required">

you never set a min for that input type.

You can set min and max by using the formats min="#" max="#"

In the future I’d recommend reading the errors that show up when you try and run the tests. I was able to solve all these problems by reading the 1st line of the error.

Screenshot%20(11)

2 Likes

Thank you so much for the tips! Would you have any advice on spacing and margins? Also if you look at my code and the page I’m building I can’t seem to get my text to register for the radio buttons, any tips?