Build Tribute Page - Vera Wang

Hi all,
Just finished my first challenge, any feedback is highly appreciated.

Tribute here

Cheers!

4 Likes

Hi @uzoukwu

It looks good however its creating a scroll bar at the bottom maybe add more styles in media query to make it fully responsive. I also think the text is dull and not very clear.

1 Like

Hi,
Thank you, for your feedback. I will check into the queries.

Welcome to the forums @uzoukwu. Your page looks good. Some things to revisit;

• Codepen provides the boilerplate for you. It only expects the code you’d put within the body element in the HTML editor. (No need to include the body tags). For anything you want to add to the <head> element click on the ‘Settings’ button, then HTML and add it into the ‘Stuff for <head>’ box.
    • For instance links to fonts go in the box labeled ‘Stuff for <head>’
  • Accessibility is about being accessible to all users. Review the giving meaningful text to links lesson. For a more thorough explanation read Web Accessibility in Mind.
    • “vera’s work” is not accessible
1 Like

Thank you for the articles @Roma, I refactored my code and tried giving more meaning to my link.

Those updates look good @uzoukwu but there are some additional things you need to revisit;

• Keep the test script when forking the pen (<script src="https://cdn.freecodecamp.org/testable-projects-fcc/v1/bundle.js"></script>)
    • The test script, with all tests passing, should be included when you submit your projects.
  • Make your page responsive. Remember, the R in RWD stands for Responsive
    • There’s a horizontal scrollbar on smaller screens. The second image, #fact-img is not adjusting to smaller screen sizes. Also, the facts seem to overflow their container on smaller screens.

I’m currently working on mine too and I think this is really nice. Can you work on the contrast? Seems you’ve got a lot of bright and not very contrasting colors.

Hey @Roma, thank you for your tips.

• I have revisited the media queries and made the image responsive;
  • it seems that the texts are no longer overflowing their boxes since my previous updates (I tried all resolutions using Window Resizer and can’t see the overflow any longer).

Yes @uzoukwu. All looks good. Nice job!

Look forward to your next project.

1 Like

Hey man, Thank you for the heads up!

Updated the text color a bit (I hope it is easier on the eyes now)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.