Building First Website Help

Hi everyone. So am making my first website with just HTML and CSS. Got it started but kind of struggling it how to create it. I go to look at other websites that are similar to get ideas and I would do an inspect on them to see how it was done but looks confusing with all the div’s and other tags in the inspect section lol. Any tips and advice how to go by building my first website?

1 Like

Building your first website can be daunting at first .My suggestion is the start off building something simple. It is great to look at professional sites for inspiration but don’t get discouraged if you can’t recreate all of the elements you see.

I would map out all of the elements you want to include on the site and then start small. For example, you could start with just the html for the homepage. From there you could decide on a color scheme that would work for the type of site you are creating. Then you could slowly start to design your site section by section.

The key is to work on small bits of the site at a time.

What type of site are you building?

1 Like

Hey thanks for responding. Below is a link to the website that I have attach to my GitHub account. Its a Hip Hop club theme website. I got most main page lay out. Got some of the about page started.

1 Like

Take it bit by bit. you want to do a navbar? google is your friend, watch youtube videos on how it is done. Continue this step for every process and you’ll get your website ready in no time. All the best in your coding journey

1 Like

From my experiences

• Once your basics are good enough, you can try below approach
1 Like

There are many good replies here already and in my opinion you should not see the source code of other websites as you mentioned.
I did it too in starting but my brother then said to me that don’t go for their source code start making your own. Because those kind of websites don’t only contain html and css but other ones too like javascript.
So in starting find a way around means try to imitate their representation not there source code.
So try and experiment.
Try experimenting with different ideas. As you mentioned you are only going to use html and css, your site is not gonna be functional definitely. So try making portfolios(I would suggest that make a portfolio on your loved ones like parents, siblings or someone special because you would represent them beautifully :wink: ) or documentations (any special incident or some beautiful moments of life).
I hope I could help you :slight_smile:

1 Like