Building my wordpress portfolio

Hello Campers.

I want to work as a freelancer wordpress designer and developer.

recently, I am building my wordpress portfolio to show my work and get jobs.

what you advise me during building my portfolio, please?

and many thanks in advance.

1 Like

Don’t get too complicated! I went too complicated and discouraged myself. Be simple but elegant. And if it;s easy for you, add some little quirks to make it entirely your own.

1 Like

@codeofdreams
thanks so much for the advise. I really do appreciate.
and I am open to other suggestions .

1 Like

If you are interested to start a career in freelancing you must build or improve some characteristics like Patience, Research, Consistency, communication, focus and be limited in any niche first then scale your skill set it will helps you a lot.

and as for portfolio advice : it should not be so versatile for example make around 5-6 projects in e-commerce or membership website like gym, trainer or static websites like for a doctor, lawyer and any other professional but I think its not a good practice for show casing your portfolio with mix niche websites like one is e-commerce other is for professional and another is like membership site…

1 Like

@Areeb

thanks so much for the advice. it is really so helpful. I really do appreciate.
and I am open to other suggestions.

@codeofdreams @Areeb

thanks so much for your replies.
could you please suggest me how many projects should I have in each niche?
and how many projects should I have in my portfolio at all?

and many thanks in advance.

1 Like

I am no professional and lack a lot of knowledge. I have no idea if there is a limit to the amount of projects you can put. i mean it probably should all be within reason. Maybe 6?

1 Like

thanks for your suggestion and quick reply :slight_smile:
And I am open to other suggestions.

1 Like

You are welcome, how many projects is not really matter but how well a project is, the purpose of showcasing your portfolio is to simply tell a client or a company that I am capable of doing what you are looking for, if your portfolio with a single project fulfilling the purpose then it is enough… but generally 3-5 project is good for starting a career :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Areeb

thanks so much for the reply. it is really helpful :slight_smile:

1 Like