C# Junior Dev next steps- PLEASE READ!

Hello, and thank you for reading.

I want to get more experience with C# .net core Web Development outside of my personal projects. I am looking for a great open source community like Ruby for Good or someplace to contribute code and receive constructive feedback, and if it can be a project that helps humans even better!!
Any positive ideas are appreciated.

On GitHub, you can search by language and filter projects by language. Sometimes it can take a while to find a project that interests you and has good support for new contributors, but you just sort of have to get in there and dig.

Thank you for your willingness to help in open source. It’s one of the greatest collective projects humankind has ever undertaken. Welcome.

1. Get a github account if you haven’t already.

2. Search, on the web, for Open Source Projects for beginners. Many projects need help, and some have tasks specifically targeted at beginners. Take a look at this, for example. https://careerkarma.com/blog/open-source-projects-for-beginners/ Look at various sites for C# projects you can contribute to.

3. There’s plenty of advice about the mechanics … forks, pull requests, all that. Read it.

4. Be patient with yourself. It takes a while to figure out the customs of each project.