Can I edit/update my older fCC CodePen projects?

Hi, guys. I have been wanting to go back and edit some of my older fCC projects that were done on CodePen. I wanna change some styling and possibly some elements that would make the tests fail. If I have already gotten the certificate for the course, is there any reason I can’t edit/update them? Basically, I just want to make sure it won’t mess up any of my certs, curriculum, etc. on this site. Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

I don’t think you can update the links to the Legacy Front End project that are now being submitted using the fCC editor, because the link takes you to the editor page and not the old submission page with the link submit box.

But for the project being submitted using the fCC editor you can update them whenever you want and for the ones still using a link submit you can update the link.

1 Like

Why not just fork the project you competed for fcc and then make changes you want in the new pen? Then you also still have the project passing all the tests and a modified one.

1 Like

I like this idea a lot actually. I hadn’t thought of it for some reason. thank you!

Obviously, if you have the same link you can just edit the code, no matter where it is hosted. But that does skip any test that would check the link getting submitted. Although, that doesn’t really happen for many of the projects anyway.

I don’t think there is any way for us to re-check anything (well manually perhaps). So technically you can submit passing projects, get the certificate, re-submit non-passing projects and still have the certificate. Just as if your projects break that doesn’t invalidate the initial certificate given. There are many broken projects I’m sure, I know I have one for the quote machine where the API used broke twice and I’m pretty sure it is still broken.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.