Can I transfer my fcc.dev account to fcc.org?

I began a little while ago the freecodecamp through freecodecamp.dev but it seems that it’s better to use freecodecamp.org (for example, default certification link on linkedin is .org).
I almost completed the data visualization so I don’t want to begin everything from the beginning again and thus I wondered if there’s a way to export fcc.dev data and import them to fcc.org.
And by the way, could someone explain what’s the difference between the .dev and the .org website ?
Thanks for reading !

Hey there,

freecodecamp.dev is our staging site, which we use to test new features in a production environment. You should only be using the .org website, unless you’re actively helping test a feature, as the .dev website is not guaranteed to save your progress.

Unfortunately, there isn’t a way to move your progress over - however, you can submit the projects again on .org and claim the certifications you have already obtained. You do not need to complete the lessons again to claim the certification, as long as you submit the projects. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Okay, thanks !
I’ll do that then