Can someone explain to me what would cause an individual to not get any help here or on the discord channel?

I noticed every time I post a question, I never get responses.

Can someone give me any tips on asking questions better to get help faster?

Unfortunately, since the projects you are working on are more advanced, fewer people know them well. Personally, I don’t know enough about Javascript libraries to feel comfortable helping with those projects.

I’m sure some people can help, but since there are fewer of them, the best thing you can do is bump your thread with additional information as you work.

ok well that makes sense. Thanks much for replying.

I will do that.

2 Likes

Do you have a list of references to questions you can share? Will take a stab

I appreciate this majorly…

The last 1 was about the JS Calculator but after some time I managed to solve.

This one now is the 25 + 5 Clock

I did not get a chance to read your response earlier.

Waiting for the spam filter to release it back to the world

1 Like

I think you aren’t receiving feedback because you are working on a certification project.

These are to be done yourself, to my understanding.

I experienced the same thing with issues on those projects.

You will only receive help if the issue is the tester and not your logic / code I believe.

It is just harder to help with the code/logic of projects as it requires significant investment of time from the reader and also the required skill (speaking personally, I had to get help doing mine and I need to go back and do them again because I don’t think I have the skill it to do it independently).

I realise this is a necro-ed thread, but just as general advice if anyone else stumbles onto it:

It’s really had to provide help when handed a huge amount of code. This doesn’t change wherever help is asked for.

This doesn’t change IRL: if a pull request is more than a few lines of code, it’s generally very hard to review. The result of that is that people will often avoid reviewing it (ideally asking for it to be broken down, but often just approving it without much thought).

It’s much more helpful to isolate one problem and ask for help with that via a small amount of code that replicates the issue. If it is hard to do that, then it is overwhelmingly likely that the code is too complicated and needs to be broken into smaller, understandable parts. Doing that will help you greatly anyway, and will make it very easy for anyone you ask to provide help.

1 Like