Cant get the testing menu?

I am new to coding and I came in from FreeCodeCamp. I am trying the challenges but the freecodecamp site says to “test” your pens. I see their page has the testing menu but I have been through this site top to bottom five times and can’t find how to get this test menu on my pen? Does anyone know why I can’t get this testing panel?test menu

when you are in the page with project description it gives you a pen to fork

in that pen there is just a script tag
you can or fork that pen and work there, or copy that script tag and put it in your project

thanks but I am still stuck

Oh I just read about forking but geez I’ve been stuck for days trying to get this stupid little panel on the damn screen. It should be the simplest thing in the world but I’ll be damned if I can find any reference to it on Code Pen? Is it actually NOT a part of code pen? Should I be looking off the website for it? The sample page that is linked from Freecode camp ALWAYS opens with the test window and a little button to toggle it on or off.

go to html section of the codepen and at the top put the following:

<script src="https://cdn.freecodecamp.org/testable-projects-fcc/v1/bundle.js"></script>
<div id='plp'>

so your project will now look like this:

1 Like

That’s it!! Oh man that was easy, huge thanks. I see now how you guys work, if it’s not there just code it in! Strangely though, the sample html page does not have that code anywhere in it but still has the test tab there? Onward and upward, thanks for checking in.

1 Like