Can't work with notebooks on the Python Data Analysis Course

Hello!

I’ve been trying to use Google Collab to work with the notebooks of the course, but I can’t seem to find the way to work with them.

On the first excercise: https://colab.research.google.com/github/ine-rmotr-curriculum/FreeCodeCamp-Pandas-Real-Life-Example/blob/master/Exercises_1.ipynb

When I try no execute the first line of code i get the error:

FileNotFoundError Traceback (most recent call last)
in ()
1 sales = pd.read_csv(
2 ‘data/sales_data.csv’,
----> 3 parse_dates=[‘Date’])

4 frames
/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/pandas/io/parsers.py in init(self, src, **kwds)
2008 kwds[“usecols”] = self.usecols
-> 2010 self._reader = parsers.TextReader(src, **kwds)
2011 self.unnamed_cols = self._reader.unnamed_cols

pandas/_libs/parsers.pyx in pandas._libs.parsers.TextReader.cinit()

pandas/_libs/parsers.pyx in pandas._libs.parsers.TextReader._setup_parser_source()

FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: ‘data/sales_data.csv’

I’m guessing there’s a problem when importing the data file, what should I do in order to make them work?

Is the file that you are trying to import in the same directory as the file you are working with? Did you use the import command?

I see you are using Colab. You need to upload your file. Option to upload is in the menu on the left-hand side, the button with the folder icon. Once it’s there, right-click on it and click copy path. It should give your the correct locations string that you can paste in pd.read_csv.

Hi all. I am beginning too and I am into the same problem. I am taking data from Github. Just to get it clear, should I download all data and then upload it to Colab or is there a way to take it directly from Github?. Thank you.