Certificate not available (Responsive Web Design)

Hi!

• I’ve completed the whole steps of Responsive Web Design course,
  • But the task “Complete Responsive Web Design Projects” is still unchecked,
  • Due to this, I guess, “Claim and view your certification” is also unmarked.

Could someone help me, please?

Thanks in advance,
Luciano

Hi @lucianosoftdev !

Welcome to the forum!

You need to go to your account settings to claim your certificate. Before you can do so, you also need to agree to the Academy Honesty Pledge.

To make your certificate appear in your profile, you need to have your profile, your timeline and your certificates set to public. If you want your name to appear on your certificate you also need to have your name set to public.

Hey Jessica, thanks for answering!
Yes, I already accepted the Honesty Policy, and all those items are set to public.

Could you please check if something else is needed?

Thanks once again,
Luciano

What is your profile link?

Have you double checked that you have submitted links to your own fork of the projects instead of the fCC template?

Hi Jeremy,

I double checked it now, and indeed my own projects were submitted.
My profile is: https://www.freecodecamp.org/lucianosoftdev

Thanks again! Regards

This is strange. Those projects certainly are your own (side note: though they meet the technical requirements, the bare bones, minimum content to pass the test suite approach misses the spirit of these certification projects and you are cheating yourself out of a lot of learning).

Is there no claim certification button on your settings page?

No, there is no this button, as screenshot below.

I’m aware that my projects are not visually good, and for now my approach (open to different views) were to move forward the content, know more about other areas (as back-end and AI) and, when decided about which area would be my focus, I pretty would back to this section and make my projects far away better (if I choose front-end).

But again, I’m also open to hear if you see reasons for not considering this a good approach.

Thanks once again,
Luciano

You took a screenshot of a completely different page. What does your settings page look like (the link I posted above - https://www.freecodecamp.org/settings).

Personally, I’m not a big fan of rushing through a large number of things. Slow is steady. Steady is fast. When rushing, you end up knowing about a large number of things without having the skills to do any of them. It also communicates to anyone who looks at your certificate that you are a person who only does the absolute minimum.

A note of caution, you will most likely need a statistics degree to get a job doing AI, if that is your goal.

Jeremy, thanks for your considerations and for helping me getting the certificate, that I found following the last instructions.

Your tips make sense and I’ll consider backing to the curriculum and improve the projects. In all cases, of course, I’m sure I’ll never apply for a job where those projects are relevant before making significant improvements in all of them.

Thanks once again!
Best regards,
Luciano

Em, qua, 30 de jun de 2021 5:53 PM, Jeremy - he/him via The freeCodeCamp Forum <freecodecamp@discoursemail.com> escreveu:

1 Like

@lucianosoftdev

Your tribute page passes 9/10 user stories. Click the red button to see which test(s) are failing and text to help you correct the issue.

• Be sure and read more than just the first line of the failing message. The ability to read and comprehend error messages is a skill you’ll need to acquire as a developer. Ask questions on what you don’t understand.
  • The test script, with all tests passing, should be included when you submit your projects.

Hi Roma,

Are we talking about same project?

Because I opened it right now and that’s what I see:

Thanks
Luciano

I get this, because the image doesn’t centre on larger screens. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hum ok!

I thought that the tests were based on the code, not on the visual results.

But anyway, I’m already improving this and many other things on this project and all others.

Thank you for helping!

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.