Check out my completed Tribute Page!

Hi everyone! Here is my Tribute Page I made for review. I’m having some unusual issue involving the html selector which I commented on and am not sure if I did something screwy.

1 Like

can you tell us what is the issue you having

It’s about having html element as a selector in the css selection. If I remove it from the style section, somehow a lot of the declarations for the body such as the font-family and background color do not work the way I coded it. And if I add properties and values to the html selector, somehow nothing happens. I really don’t think the html selector is necessary.

@Lateralus, maybe the cause of the issue is that you’re using style tags in CSS.
The style element is used in HTML when doing internal styling. It would never be used in CSS.
Codepen has three editors, HTML, CSS and JS. The CSS editor is an “external” stylesheet. Codepen, under the covers, provides a link to that stylesheet.

Some feedback on your page;

• Codepen provides the boilerplate for you. It only expects the code you’d put within the body element in the HTML editor. (No need to include the body tags). For anything you want to add to the <head> element click on the ‘Settings’ button, then HTML and add it into the ‘Stuff for <head>’ box.
  • As mentioned, get rid of the style tags in CSS

Thanks! I got it fixed.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.