Clerification on the Project

Hello !
A quick question.
While creating the Tribute page and Survey form, I designed mine to look like that of freecodecamp sample. Is it bad to do so or a must to create something different…?

Thanks

1 Like

I also started my tribute page like this but then i completely stopped doing that by always starting with a blank css and styling everything to my own liking.
try it on the next project and see what happens…

2 Likes

I started with a blank CSS page. My CSS code was written by me from scratch. What I am trying to say is that, I styled mine to look like theirs.

2 Likes

Hmm. Ok then my concern is : did you do that because you don’t want to develop your own style? (Maybe that is not your field of interest!) Or did you do that as an exercise? For eg, you can try to style something on purpose to look like twitter as a challenge to see how it is done. And that is fine. If you never work on your own style though you will always need a web designer to help you in the future to design any new projects you want to make.

1 Like

I did it as an exercise. But did some modifications as per my own design. But the issue of uploading images to Codepen just made me use theirs.
I have my own design though on my local machine

Doesn’t matter how it looks as long as you did all the steps. No one is going to see it but you.

1 Like

there is a simple solution for this. Upload your images to cloudinary (free account is all you need).

happy coding!

2 Likes

I discovered its a good way to practice TDD (test driven development). So what I began doing is loading the FCC Test bundle.js , that we were given to test our code, into the project by adding the link to external JavaScripts. You can then run the test (of course all will fail) then slowly write code until the tests pass. I sort of used the test steps as requirements or user stories( if your in the agile frame of mind).

1 Like

that is also exactly how I do my coding on FCC.

But unfortunately rarely in real life do we have time to write test harnesses before we code…

1 Like

Here at DHS we are implementing TDD and making sure we have over 75% test coverage. It’s a new direction for a Federal entity but I think it will improve code quality and cut down on rework.

2 Likes

that’s awesome @Johnny2136 . Do you find you spend a lot of time reviewing testcases from your team-mates? If there is no code review for the test case, the developer may not make it strong enough…

1 Like

Well, to be honest its a new effort so yeah I think there will be a lot of currently extra work as far as reviews and historically the testers were isolated from the developers, we are tiring to make sure the user stories can be codified into unit tests prior to developers actually coding the actual story. What I envision is a developer sitting down with a tester writing unit tests for each story, then when that is done, they start pair programming. I’m sure it will add a bunch of time at first but throwing the code back and forth over the fence from Dev to Test is VERY time consuming and often doesn’t even lead to 20% coverage. I feel this will make a big impact in the long run.

1 Like

wishing you luck! It will be hard but if the management is fully committed, it can be done.

1 Like

Technical Documentation Page

Test Errors

i have implemented the necessary User Stories, but i keep getting error notifications when i run the Test.

Please can someone help me out. this is the link to the page Technical Documentation Page

i think you had better open a new request for help as this is not the same issue you started this thread with.

1 Like