CodePen app project question

Hi, I’m new to freeCodeCamp and I just finished the HTML / CSS course and I’m going to start the first project, but I have a question, should I create a CodePen account to upload my projects? Please could you explain to me?

You have to create a CodePen account and create a pen, and save it. after that, put it on full screen mode, and submit a link to your pen in the provided input panel

1 Like

instead of just creating a pen, you can use the template linked in the project description so you have the test suite already included and don’t need to include it yourself

But you don’t actually need to use codepen, if you don’t want. It’s just what’s suggested because it’s pretty easy to use without thinking of any setting up to do

From the FAQ:

Do I have to use CodePen for the front end projects?

As long as your code is publicly viewable, and you have a live demo, you can use whatever you want.

You can use GitHub pages or surge.sh as alternatives to CodePen.

2 Likes

yes, CodePen is the default place to complete your projects and put them as FCC solutions.
I advise you look for some guide on the basics on making a “pen” in CodePen, as it has certain specifications and get familiar with its environment.

Thank you, I appreciate the help.

Thank you so much for the help.