"coderoad: start" command not found

When I start the course course doesn’t start automatically.
If run it manually through command palette it shows a
message “command coderoad: start not found”.

Also the folder freecodecamp under project not showing up which was previously showing.

Anyone please help.

2 Likes

Is this a new course you are trying? Or one that you started before? (Pls post a link to it also).

1 Like

it’s a relational database’s first course.
I completed 30% of the course and closed the window and then
came back later and things happened I described above.
I deleted my container from codeally and start again still it didn’t work.
At the moment I’m writing this, it’s working.
But still let me know what was that problem and what should I do
when it happens next time.
Thanks for consideration.

1 Like

I would try to do a soft reset if the manual method to start coderoad doesn’t work next time (from the green hamburger menu at the top left corner of the screen).

1 Like

I tried that also but it didn’t work.
I think they were updating something because at that time I checked the
second course of Relational Database and the same issue occurred there too.

1 Like

I’ve completed first course of relational database.
And open the second course, same issue occurred again.
“coderoad: start” command not found.

1 Like

Can you exit and load another course (an old one will do) and then try to come back to this one?

1 Like

I tried that but it didn’t work.
when it happens, it occurs on next course too.
It happens on it’s own and then resolve on it’s own.
Maybe it’s codeAlly Problem due to overload OR internal server error OR server updating process, I don’t know what’s that.

1 Like

Screenshot_20230202_092701

It’s a third day still course not working.
If course doesn’t start on it’s own then it doesn’t work manually too.
whenever I started manually I got the same response:
“coderad: start” command not found.

2 Likes

Try emailing contact@codeally.io to see if they can look into it.

1 Like

I started the course : Relational Database (beta) today and facing the same issue as you did.

there’s only ONE relational database course and not first and second, so i guess both courses are merged now. @bit-tech-developer kindly share with me your experience with this matter.

1 Like

have you looked at the troubleshooting steps in the pinned post?
(the post that is pinned to the top of the relational database page in the curriculum?)

2 Likes

yes, it mentions nothing - I think - about dealing with manually coderoad start not working.

Anyways, it worked once when i simultaneously opened two tabs - like mentioned in one of the solutions- then went away for minutes and came back to find the same error msg again.

1 Like

have you tried to close the tab down and restart?

1 Like

Yes.
Meanwhile, the project files list is empty, it had the course files before :smiley:

last 2 hours I’ve tried different browser, and soft reset

1 Like

okay were you just starting this course? You could delete the entire thing from codeally.io and start again?

1 Like

deleting the account from codealley will force me into a 7-day break. Do u mean just delete the project?in this case idk how actually :cry:

can I hit the back end development course before the database? i mean if this will buy me time for codealley to fix this issue?

1 Like

Deleting just the container is possible from codeally.io website (and is mentioned in the troubleshooting steps)

You need to login there and get into the virtual ide “playground” and then find this course’s container (by the same name) and delete it.

Edit: also yes, you can skip to the backend course if you want to

2 Likes

codealley has issues:
-submitting a challenge always does nothing with a msg appears for a sec the time limit passed while there’s still time left, after time limit is reached the challenge is marked as finished while receiving no emails -as stated- with the feed back.
-running tests before submitting does nothing, showing a msg that candidate has not finished testing.
-deleting projects data @playground does nothing as well.[edit: it did enable me to load the project now, thanks :smiley: and I’m starting to figure things out meanwhile.]
I’m still trying to get into the database course because I appreciate the order of the curriculum and don’t wanna feel dazzled because i missed db while going through other back-end stuff

1 Like

To be honest, I didn’t understand all the statements you made.
Can you explain each one? (It would be good to get a detailed explanation of what you were attempting exactly and what happened).

I am not sure you can do this now though since you deleted the container (which also does nothing? :woman_shrugging:t2:)

There are troubleshooting steps for this course that most people find useful. I hope if you run into problems that you can take a look at them also. And post about the issues you are having (providing details that show us what you were trying to do, from where, and the results you received perhaps by sharing a screenshot)

I should say for the coderoad not starting issue, it is mentioned in the troubleshooting steps and as well this issue may have been compounded by the actual codeally servers having an outage. So as you work through the course, remember the troubleshooting steps and let us know if you can’t solve anything. It may be there is a larger issue at hand and in that case there is nothing to be done until the issue is resolved at the source)

1 Like