Coding. Where to start?

l am completely new to coding and would like to know what type of coding I should start with. I am a retired senior citizen and am just wanting to learn something new.

If you look in the upper left of this page, there is a link, Visit the Curriculum.

This is the curriculum for FCC, focussed on web development. I would recommend starting at the beginning.

It doesn’t assume any programming experience.

The curriculum can seem to move quickly in some parts - don’t be surprised. You are expected to get in the habit of searching and asking question. Googling and asking questions are two of the most important skills a programmer has.

2 Likes

I would also add that this is a very friendly and supportive group - make use of it. No one is going to bite your head off for asking a question.

Appreciate the reply. Do you think that Python is the way to begin, or do you think I should try some other language?

That depends on what you want to do. If you don’t know what you want and just want to learn, it won’t matter much.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.