[COLLATION] Completed and Submitted Challenges Not Recorded

This is a collation of all support topics concerned with Campers progress not being saved, after being certain they submitted them.

Hopefully, a pattern will emerge, which would help pinpoint a bug.

If you have experienced:

1. Passed all the tests on a project/challenge
  2. Definitely clicked the Submit and go to next challenge button
  3. Check the lesson block, and see no check mark on the challenge

Then, please reply to this post with the following:

1. Challenge(s) affected
  2. Your browser user agent
  3. Your OS
  4. Do you use more than 1 device to interact with https://freecodecamp.org?
  5. Do you use more than 1 browser tab with https://freecodecamp.org, when completing the curriculum?
  6. Have you recently (since July) changed your username?
  7. Optional (No need to be specific): Location
  8. Optional: Any extra information you feel is relevant, and are comfortable sharing

If you do not mind, please personal message me your freecodecamp.org/learn username, and I can investigate further.

2 Likes

Hello all,

The course "Use the values attribute with Radio buttons and Checkboxes, is not marked as completed despite having finished the particular course several times now.

Anyone know a way to fix this?

Is there anything we can do about progress or courses being marked as if I haven’t done them? It’s happened twice.

Pardon the preset messages, I’m asking “Is there anything we can do about progress or courses being marked as if I haven’t done them? It’s happened twice.”

Thanks for any help.

Hi @k_butler210 !

Welcome to the forum!

I edited your message since you weren’t asking for help on a specific challenge.

I am not sure why it is not saving your challenge progress.
But since the challenges are technically optional, you can just pick up where you left off.

Only projects count towards the certificate.

1 Like

It seems like another user brought up the same issue but it doesn’t look there is a solution yet.
https://forum.freecodecamp.org/t/challenges-progress-on-freecodecamp-are-not-saved/472186

Thank you so much for that, I really appreciate it. I’ll get back to the grind.

I started to study web design, but my results are no longer saved and I have to go through everything all over again. I do not log out of my account and do not even turn off my computer, I don’t know what’s the matter and what to do about it.

What exactly do you mean by “results are no longer saved”? FreeCodeCamp does not save a copy of the code you write, in general, just if you have completed the challenge or not.

I perform tasks in blocks, where there are about 50 or 20 tasks, but already twice my progress has not been saved, although before that everything was in order, the completed tasks were marked in the system.

Do you mean that checkmarks on this page are resetting?

yeah, exactly. checkmarks are resetting

To be clear, you’re signing into the same account each time and you are clicking this button (Submit and go to next challenge) on each challenge?

yeah. I do not log out of my account at all and I always press this button

You might actually want to log out and back in every once in a while.

But this is new and I’m not sure what’s happening. Hopefully the other mods will chime in with ideas.

I can try to describe the situation in more detail as far as my knowledge of English is enough. the first time I did not complete the block of tasks, and when I noticed that the result of the challenges was not saved, I just decided to go through the block to the end and started a new one. I did several tasks of the new block, then I closed the tab, opened it again and checked if the result was saved. This persisted, but after a couple of days I open the site and the result is not saved again until the task on which it happened for the first time.

same problem here. Started htlm basic course did the whole thing (28 challanges). I got the message that I completed the html section went to look into curriculum saw all checkmarks were checked looked somewhere in menu went back to curriculum and all checkmars were gone.

1 Like

I maybe figured what is the problem. I started course using safari, then I switched to chrome and everything looks normal so far.

by the way … many friends use chrome instead of safari. is it really so good?

Chrome does a better job than Safari of adhering to standards.