Completed Front-End Libraries Developer Certification

Hi Guys, Chandan Roy here. I would like to share with all of you that I have successfully completed the Front-End Certification. I learnt a lot in all of the projects. They were very challenging and spent hours and hours googling, reading documentation, reading books and revisiting John Smilga’s React Tutorial on FCC youtube channel.

I come from a non-technical background and I am already working in a completely different field, Government Service. But I have developed great passion for coding and the more I learnt, the more it interested me. Finally after months of hard work, I have this certificate to share with all of you.

Even these projects can be improved a lot and I am still in the learning phase. I would like to share one weakness of mine. I struggle with CSS a lot. I mean I believe it takes unusual amount of time in all my projects and I am still not content with UI design. I mean, obviously because I keep struggling with functionality issues on all new projects, I don’t give it more thought but still this is one thing I would like to improve to a level where I can build some cool “Pure CSS Art” as they say. My projects still have some functionality issues and bugs which I will fix going forward.

But this has been a great journey here. The FreeCodeCamp Forum has been very helpful as well. I have dug out past questions and their replies and reading them has added much value to my knowledge base.

This success is a confidence booster for me and I am gonna work even harder going forward in future.
To all those who are just starting, believe me if I can, you can too. Because I didn’t have a good academic career, I was not very serious about my studies and have been just an average or below average guy. But I have one thing and that is my dedication, when I start liking something, i become obsessed with it and this has been the only reason that I reached here. Don’t give up. Javascript is hard to understand for all beginners.

Execution context, hoisting, closures and many more concepts are there to frustrate a learner but give it time and struggle with it. You will Conquer your difficulties if you don’t give up.

To all those experts here, Please guide me going forward. I would like to build my network on social media as well. I need some tips regarding that as well. Please give your valuable suggestions one of your younger brother.

Thanks a lot!! Cheers!

1 Like

Hi @croy4744 !

Congrats! That’s a big accomplishment.

That is the best approach to building anything.
I personally gravitate more towards documentation and stack overflow than videos.

I feel like most people struggle with design. (including myself)
But that’s why there are tons of great libraries like Materialize to use to help out.

I have found a lot of luck on twitter.
I will share articles I recently wrote, or share projects that I am working on.
There are also a lot of posting about jobs, conferences and meetups.

Building up your linkedin, is also important too.
I just recently starting reworking my profile, and that has increased the activity on my page.

2 Likes

Creating a library is quite responsible, and at the moment, when creating my offline library of books, I select the highest quality, useful and interesting books. I really like the book Catcher in the Rye, more about which you can read the essay here https://gradesfixer.com/free-essay-examples/catcher-in-the-rye/ Coming-of-age story “Catcher in the Rye” by J. Salinger takes some of life’s most valuable lessons, such as overcoming adversity and the path to maturity, and brings them all together into one novel. He did it incredibly cool.

1 Like