Completed My First Project-Tribute Page

Hello Campers,

I just completed my tribute page, this is the link:
https://codepen.io/Marcuscode/pen/jObEYEg

I want to know what y’all feel about it and any advice or corrections you would like to give

Hey Marcus,
I think it will be better if you put your CSS code in the CSS box.
You should also try to center the text and images.
Well done

Thank you very much, i will take note of that and correct it.

Welcome to the forums @marcuscode. Your page looks okay but there are things you need to revisit;

• When using codepen it only expects the code you’d put within the <body> </body> tags in HTML. (No need to include the body tags). For anything you want to add to <head> click on the ‘Settings’ button, then HTML and add it into the ‘Stuff for <head>’ box.
    • Mentioning because codepen provides the boilerplate template. You have things that are incorrect in the way you set up the template.
  • Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
    • If you remove the html, body tags as codepen expects then since copy/paste from codepen you can ignore the first warning and first two errors.
    • There are other errors you need to clean up
  • All of your styling should be external. Even if you code somewhere on your computer and paste it into codepen, your styling should be external.
  • Do not use the <br> tag to force spacing or line breaks. Use CSS.
  • Review the lesson about giving meaningful text to links.

I usually don’t comment on someone’s design but this would look a lot better if it were centered on the page.

1 Like

Thanks a lot, have done some corrections to it, Thanks for the observations and corrections, i will make sure i do better with my next project