Create a Media Query not Passing

Hi, FCC community :wave:!

I’m stuck and I’m not sure if this is a glitch with the lesson or if I’m doing something wrong. I’m trying to add a media query, so that the p tag has a font-size of 10px when the device’s height is less than or equal to 800px. Using the below and keep getting an error.

46%20PM

Any idea if this is a glitch?

what error do you get ?

or you mean it’s not working ?

can you try this

font-size: 10px !important;
1 Like

@AhmedMoHussein I keep getting the below. When I run the test, it says I’m failing 1/2 items.

35%20PM

// running tests

Your p element should have the font-size of 10px when the device height is less than or equal to 800px.

// tests completed

that’s weird , just tested it and it compiled fines !
/certifications/responsive-web-design/responsive-web-design-principles/create-a-media-query/

1 Like

Well, that’s a relief. I thought I was going crazy somehow overlooking something. Do you have any idea what’s the move from here? How do I report if it’s bugged?

Bumping for a reply. This is about to be the only thing I’m missing to secure this certification and I’m worried this may be an error. Still having trouble, does anyone have any idea how I can fix this or if I’m missing something here?

If your not using chrome, try chrome
Clear your cache
Try another browser

Often, clearing your cache helps

1 Like

Thank you, @Tirjasdyn! Using Chrome and clearing the cache didn’t work, but I tried using Chromium instead and it passed the lesson using the same code. Thanks for chiming in, really appreciated!

Glad you fixed it.

But I think it’s a bug. Can you try this for me in the browser that didn’t work (it’s a long shot). Un-maximize the browser and resize the window so it fairly short (vertically), try running the test like that. I’m just interested to know if it does anything.

1 Like

Hey, @lasjorg! I just gave it a shot and still nothing: “// running tests
Your p element should have the font-size of 10px when the device height is less than or equal to 800px.
// tests completed”

It gave me the same error, however, it works on my other browsers (Safari & Chromium). Not sure why because I cleared all my browsing data on Chrome before attempting this.

1 Like

Well, it was worth a shot, thanks for trying it out. I’m pretty sure I have seen other with the issue so there might be a bug somewhere in the test.