Creating a Portfolio

Hi everyone, I recently created some projects and wanted to showcase in my portfolio so that when recruiter click on it they are able to see the website/my project. Through some youtube videos I am able to host the portfolio through github which is a single page, so my question is how do I add my other projects here, in the portfolio so that when someone visits , they are able to browse through my works. Any suggestions, video resources link appreciated. Thanks

You can actually make multiple pages in github pages. I was also confused by this before I made my site. Your main page will be username.github.io and you can add your aditional projects as username.github.io/project1 etc. (these are just example urls)

1 Like

Really? we can do that? Thank you for the response. I am still confused though, so I have one page that is live but could not figure out how to link these two. I was able to host one page, but when i tried to host the other project it is not giving me the options to host this second page. Could you please ellaborate the steps if its possible. Thank you once again

Yes, so the one issue is that you will not be able to host multiple repositories on the one git hub page. You will have to organize your projects the “old fashioned way”. You will have to have all your content in the git hub page repository so that any other pages will be subfolders in your repository. You can take a look as this example site: GitHub - github/government.github.com: Gather, curate, and feature stories of public servants and civic hackers using GitHub as part of their open government innovations

Got it . I will do that. Thank you

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.