Do not know if code is active

I applied the website that is presented near the bottom in the article for the three dash marks, needed for the Technical Doc Writing Page. It seem not to appear in my HTML (codepen.io).

Please assist…

Your code so far

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/94.0.4606.81 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Build a Technical Documentation Page

Link to the challenge:

Are you referring to doing this:

You can build your project by using this CodePen template and clicking Save to create your own pen. Or you can use this CDN link to run the tests in any environment you like: https://cdn.freecodecamp.org/testable-projects-fcc/v1/bundle.js

I’m not sure what you mean. By “three dash marks” do you mean the green hamburger to get the tests?

Can you provide a link to your pen? That link is just to the general codepen site - it doesn’t help us find your pen.

Yes. the green hamburger.

I’ve also taken both (manual & the Autolink) steps for the test. They are both is not working.
Please see below…

OK, I’m still not sure I understand. When I go to your pen, I see:

Screen Shot 2021-11-04 at 1.38.17 PM

So, the green hamburger is there.

I do notice that you have some errors in your HTML. When I go to your HTML pane, in the upper left corner is a pulldown menu. If I select, “Analyze HTML”, it see a few errors like this:

I’ve seen errors like that confuse the HTML parsing, which causes the hamburger to not show up - it errors out before it gets there. If you are still having issues, I would clear up all the HTML errors and see if it is still an issue.

Ok, I fixed my errors, but my green hamburger is not available to me. Could it be some other reason that it is available to you, but not for me?

I don’t know. Maybe someone else will chime in.

I have it:

Screen Shot 2021-11-04 at 2.08.21 PM

What browser are you on? What type of computer? Can you open up the browser console and see if there are any errors? In the network tab?

Reboot? Clear the browser cache? Try a different browser?

I don’t know, ultimately this sounds like a codepen problem.

Can you see it in other projects? If you go to the sample project do you see the test suite?

Usually, it happens if you block localStorage/third-party cookies. You can see it happen if you open the Codepen in a private window in Chrome or block third-party cookies. It’s possible that some extensions might block it as well (privacy/security/Adblock type extensions).

There is supposed to be an alert for it but it broke at some point and I haven’t really bothered looking into why or how to fix it.

2 Likes

It was the engine. Thank You for your assistance.