Does FCC teach the CSS and JS behind Bootstrap?

I just finished the Bootstrap module (right after HTML and CSS basics), and I feel like I learned that part about bootstrap very well, but I didn’t learn about the CSS behind those bootstrap classes.

I’m wondering if I will learn it in the future modules or should I learn it from somewhere else or should I not care about the CSS behind bootstrap?

If you’re interested, you can check out the official bootstrap documentation. You can even go checkout their GitHub repository.

Thanks. I feel like I need to know how bootstrap works behind the curtain, not just use its css classes, because one day I might want to edit those classes myself.

You’ll find that for most topics here, FCC doesn’t really ‘teach’ you anything. You can think of FCC more as a incomplete guide of what to focus on to go from beginner to being able to contribute to something in a meaningful way. FCC doesn’t really teach you much about JS, not about types, not about how the JS engine coerces values, not about how ‘this’ works in JS. It won’ teach you about a local environment, build process, etc. I think you get the point.

Think of FCC as project ideas and a constructive list of ‘things to learn’. Your best strategy will be to find free/paid resources elsewhere, learn those concepts and then come back and apply them to projects/ mini algorithm section.
You can also use FCC’s forum to see how others did said projects, find motivation, advice and help understanding something that isn’t clicking for you.

To answer the question bluntly, no, there is no in depth bootstrap learning later on. Even their backend node ‘tutorials’ are on shaky ground, and like most other topics, better learning material can be found on youtube for free/cheap.

KUDOS on WANTING to learn HOW something works, that intrinsic interest in knowing how it works, not just how I can use it for problem A will benefit you greatly if you continue on with FCC.

Good Luck.

I think of FCC challenges as being more “introductions” to tools and topics than “lessons” about them.