Does the “get a hint” button even work?

I’m working on the third project and having some difficulty getting everything to work and I need some help but clicking on “Get a Hint” on this page https://www.freecodecamp.org/learn/responsive-web-design/responsive-web-design-projects/build-a-product-landing-page takes me to freeCodeCamp Challenge Guide: Build a Product Landing Page which only has a link back to the previous page. I’m not sure if I’m missing something or if something isn’t loading but I’m quite confused. Can anybody shed some light on what’s going on?

for me, it opens on the forum page, but turns out useless as the only post there is “This is a stub” post. So,not sure there is much that can happen.

This is a stub post.

most projects lack hints, i advise you search online for other sources of info, this forum being one of them

There are some challenges that don’t have a guide post written for them yet.

Hi @imtiaz2424 !

Welcome to the forum!

The projects won’t have hints for them.

It’s probably because the goal is to research and ask questions on what parts you don’t understand about the projects.

Projects will always be different from challenges, because you are expected to combine many of the lessons into one project and there are infinite ways to build the project.

I would suggest googling concepts you don’t understand, or asking the forum about specific problems you are dealing with for the projects.

Hope that helps!

1 Like

Hey guys,

Having some trouble with task n6. Anyone able to kindly help? not sure what I’m doing wrong. (:

the task is to: I can watch an embedded product video with id=“video”.

<video id="video" width="560" height="315" controls autoplay muted>
    <source src="https://embedwistia-a.akamaihd.net/deliveries/8cc1da9dbd9fcc58643288d19bd324696b320c63/file.mp4" type="video/mp4">
</video>

If you have a question about a specific challenge as it relates to your written code for that challenge, just click the Ask for Help button located on the challenge. It will create a new topic with all code you have written and include a link to the challenge also. You will still be able to ask any questions in the post before submitting it to the forum.

Thank you.