Done full stack from freeCodeCamp What's next?

Hi, brothers and sisters.
I have done lots of courses from freeCodeCamp. Thank you, FCC for making me able to code to such an extent that I can build, test and deploy a full fledge website. I just wanna know what is next for me? Should I make a portfolio website and display all of the work and projects I have done so far. Would that be enough or do I need to curate more projects? Also, how can I prep for the interview and theoretical questions?
I need immense help on this.

Yes.

Would that be enough or do I need to curate more projects?

It probably won’t be enough, keep building and learning. Go ahead and start applying, but don’t stop learning and building things.

Also, how can I prep for the interview and theoretical questions?

I’m sure there are a lot of youtube videos on interviewing and white board interviews. Read/view everything you can. Cracking the Coding Interview is a great book. Joshua Fluke has some good youtube videos on the interviewing process. Do practice interviews. If you can, go to meetups that do algorithm challenges. I used to go to one that did mock interviews. Do online algorithm challenges. Have people review your resume and portfolio. Look up “top 20 interview questions for developers” or whatever and practice answering them in front of the mirror. Try to look relaxed.

1 Like

Hi @hobab.leo99 !

Congrats on complete the full stack course on freeCodeCamp!

That would be a good place to start.
You can also ask the forum for feedback on your projects.

As for the job process, I would suggest learning how to write a really strong resume.
That is the first thing people look at.
It doesn’t matter how strong of a developer you are, if your resume is bad you will get rejected. This part of the job process is really important.
There are plenty of great articles on how to write a strong resume.

There are tons of articles on JavaScript interview questions, CSS interview questions etc. You can start going through those.

Practicing coding challenges by using sites like leetcode, exercism or codewars will help with whiteboarding interviews.
Remember that it is important to learn how to talk though the problem and explain your process. Employers are looking to see how you problem solve and not necessarily how quickly you can get the right answer.

Hope that helps!

1 Like

Wow, perfect answer. This is what I was looking for. Tons of thanks <3.

Yeah, coding is like mathematics the more you practice the more you get a good grasp. Definitely wont gonna let my knowledge to rust.
I have noted your reply definitely gonna work on it.
Thank you for replying. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Right, but more than that, by learning new things and building bigger and more complex apps, you increase your employability.

1 Like

Kevin, for a, react full-stack next js and typescript is a must? I want to solidify the concept of the previous framework and languages that I learned, want to apply for the job as soon as possible but if these two are a must then I have to prioritize them.

Neither is “required”. I’ve never used nextjs, but have heard good things. I use TS and love it, but there are a lot of people that don’t use it.

want to apply for the job as soon as possible but if these two are a must then I have to prioritize them.

I don’t know what “the” job is in that sentence, but if you have a job in mind and you want and they want those two, then go for it. Those are both useful techs to learn. I’d recommend starting with nextjs as it is a little more complicated. TS is pretty easy to pick up if you know JS.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.