Error: The div element with class orange should have a background-color of orange

Hi there,

I am struggling to move past this point and wondering if you would be able to help me figure out where I could be going wrong.

html

<style>
body {
 background-color: #FFFFFF;
}
.orange {
  background-color: #FF7D00;
}

.cyan {
  background-color: #00FFFF;
}

.raspberry {
  background-color: #FF007D;
}

div {
  height: 100px;
  width: 100px;
  margin-bottom: 5px;
}
</style>

<div class="orange"></div>
<div class="cyan"></div>
<div class="raspberry"></div>
  **Your browser information:**

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/98.0.4758.102 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Learn about Tertiary Colors

Link to the challenge:

I’ve edited your post for readability. When you enter a code block into a forum post, please precede it with a separate line of three backticks and follow it with a separate line of three backticks to make it easier to read.

You can also use the “preformatted text” tool in the editor (</>) to add backticks around text.

See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard.
Note: Backticks (`) are not single quotes (’).

Hi @NewBeginnings,

I think you used your own values for the colors. They want you to use the hexa codes provided into course.

• Orange: #FF7F00
  • Cyan: #00FFFF
  • Raspberry: #FF007F

Oh, that’s so silly of me, thank you so much LucLH!! I have literally been agonizing over this for 2 hours :joy: :sweat_smile: Thanks again!

It happens often, to all of us, these kinds of thing! You are free to fly to next challenge now! Most of the time the challenges tell which values to use so be aware of that :wink: