FCC Product Landing Page Project Feedback

Greetings everyone!

I am brand-new to the world of coding, but I decided recently to take the plunge and try it out! I’ve been working through the Responsive Web Development program here on FCC, and after about 2 weeks, I am one project away from claiming the certification :slight_smile:

I understand that claiming the certification is simply a personal benchmark and that the learning with this stuff never really stops - ever. With that in mind, I wanted to see if anybody here would be kind enough to provide me with some constructive feedback on one of my projects. I’m still a complete newbie, but I at least want to see if I’m on the right track to succeed in this endeavor; any advice would be most greatly appreciated, thank you!

Best,

-Thomas

@ThomGaetano . Your page looks nice but few things to revisit:

1. Analyze your HTML and CSS, like this:
    posting

2. Run your HTML code through the W3C validator . There are HTML coding errors you should be aware of. Since copy/paste from codepen, you can ignore the first warning and first two errors.

3. Your page is not responsive and shows a scrollbar at the bottom. Make your page responsive. Remember the R in RWD.

4. I believe you should decrease the height of the navbar or just google about making a navbar.

5. Inline styles make your pages bigger that is why inline CSS is not recommended.

Keep it up! :+1:
Happy Coding!

I suggest to add scroll-behavior to set the behavior for a scrolling box when scrolling is triggered by the navigation or CSSOM scrolling APIs.

html {
    scroll-behavior: smooth;
  }

Thank you so much for the excellent feedback, my friend! I appreciate your time and generosity in evaluating this simple project of mine :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.