Feedback for my Build a Tribute Page

Can anyone check out my Tribute Page?

Hi @lizz.garleb !

I think your page looks good.

You have a couple of html and css errors.
I would suggest using the codepen analyzers to find and fix those errors.
Screen Shot 2022-01-05 at 11.25.25 AM

For html, you can also use the html validator

Hope that helps!

1 Like

Thank You already corrected those errors.

Your page looks good @lizz.garleb. Some things to revisit;

• Make the project from scratch, with your own code, style and content. Don’t take code from the sample project.
    The projects are not just another challenge. Each one is meant to be a significant step in your progress. Every project you do will require research, planning, trial and error, and strengthening your skills beyond what you gained from the incremental challenges.
    The hardest part of coding is looking at a problem and coming up with a plan to solve that problem. Starting out by looking at someone else’s code completely bypasses that step.
  • Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
    • There are HTML syntax/coding errors you should be aware of and address.
      Since copy/paste from codepen you can ignore the first warning and first two errors.
  • In addition to being used incorrectly, do not use the <br> element to force line breaks or spacing. That’s what CSS is for.
    Reference MDN Docs
  • Accessibility is about being accessible to all users. Review the giving meaningful text to links lesson. For a more thorough explanation read Web Accessibility in Mind.
    • “follow me” is not accessible

Edit: I noticed after completing the reply that user’s are not seeing your page the way you intend.
You have the following font-family: Luxurious Roman; but you neither link to or import that font.
And you should have one of the fallback fonts defined.

1 Like

Can you check it again? I re-did the coding.

That looks better. Some things to revisit;

• Codepen provides the boilerplate for you. It only expects the code you’d put within the body element in the HTML editor. (No need to include the body tags). For anything you want to add to the <head> element click on the ‘Settings’ button, then HTML and add it into the ‘Stuff for <head>’ box.
  • User’s are not seeing your page the way you want.
    You have Luxurious Roman as a value for the font-family property but you do not link to it or import it. (also, the name should be in quotes)
    Revisit the import a font lesson and the how fonts should degrade lesson.
    The name of the font is “Times New Roman”. You have a typo.
  • The accessibility issue still exists.

This is a suggestion, you don’t have to incorporate it.
You have the dates in your #tribute-info bold so do not display the bullet points.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.