Hay, hope you are doing well
this my first project i will be grateful for your feedback
I really happy to be here in such a great community
Hay, hope you are doing well
Hey! i just checked out website and i really liked the overall look of the website. Here are a few suggestions.
- Codepen provides all the boilerplate code for you which is why you do not need to provide the head tag or its content. Just start typing the code you would type in the body tag.
*You should run your code through the HTML analyze tool which will tell you all the syntax errors in your code for example, on line 19 you used a h3 closing tag but you do not have the opening tag. Just click on the icon on the right and it will open a dropdown which you can use to analyze your HTML.
- You weren’t using semantic HTML. Instead of using a div tag with an id of header, you should instead be using a header element for that and use the main tag to enclose the main content of your page. The link at the bottom should be in a dedicated footer tag. These tags are provided by HTML5 to make it easier for search engines as well as developers to go through it.
The matter of using semantic HTML makes it easier for disabled people to use a website.
if you want to learn more about semantic HTML i recommend you to read this article.
Hope this helped!
this so great , you are a great mentor
hahaha let me know if you need help with anything else
Your page looks good @Mahmmmoud. Some things to revisit;
- Keep the test script when forking the pen (
- The test script, with all tests passing, should be included when you submit your projects.
- Your page passes 2/10 user stories. Click the red button to see which test(s) are failing and text to help you correct the issue.
- Be sure and read more than just the first line of the failing message. The ability to read and comprehend error messages is a skill you’ll need to acquire as a developer. Ask questions on what you don’t understand.
- Accessibility is about being accessible to all users. Review the giving meaningful text to links lesson. For a more thorough explanation read Web Accessibility in Mind.
- “wikipedia entry” is not accessible
On a side note, his first name is spelled Muhammad. There are three spots where it is spelled incorrectly.
i really appreciate your response , I will do my best , Wikipedia entry it’s accessible right now right? , With regard to spelled name , i think there is no rule for spelling names like my name could spelled Mahmoud or Mahmod or Mahmmoud etc…
thx for your time
Be sure and read the attached links to understand what I mean when I say "wikipedia entry is not accessible.
I’ve never heard that before. Governments and banks will only accept one spelling otherwise it’s a different person.
This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.