Feedback for my landing page project

Hey,

I just finished my Landing page challenge , and I would be happy to know your feedback about it

receiving verbal feedback is something that helps me thrive in both my professional and personal life. Even if it’s not always positive feedback, I find it helpful to hear how I performed. Knowing what I have or haven’t done well makes it easier to pinpoint what I want to work on in the future.

https://codepen.io/beso-almatboli/pen/VwmmaRj

hey @Beso11! Overall I think your page looks very professional! One suggestion: when I simulate looking at it on mobile, I have to navigate with the horizontal scroll bar. I’d add a media query to handle that- so that when the viewport is smaller like a phone, the layout adapts into something more vertically oriented.

1 Like

Your page looks good @Beso11. Some things to revisit;

• Codepen provides the boilerplate for you. It only expects the code you’d put within the body element in the HTML editor. (No need to include the body tags). For anything you want to add to the <head> element click on the ‘Settings’ button, then HTML and add it into the ‘Stuff for <head>’ box.
    • The test suite being JS would not go in the head element. It will not run. It should be right before the closing body tag. Codepen is forgiving which is why it works here.
  • Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
    • There are HTML coding/syntax errors you should be aware of and address.
  • Codepen provides validators for HTML, CSS and JS. Click on the chevron in the upper right of each section and then click on the respective ‘Analyze’ link.
    • The one for CSS is good. Use it and address the issue(s).
    • (The one for HTML misses things which is why I recommend W3C)
  • Check that the user has entered a valid email addr. Throw an HTML5 validation error if not.
    • You learned to do this when coding the survey form
  • Make your page responsive. Remember, the R in RWD stands for Responsive
    • There’s a horizontal scrollbar on smaller screens
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.