Feedback for my landing page let me know

Hi everyone I wanted to receive feedback for my project, all criticisms are well accepted :slight_smile:

https://codepen.io/nocchino/pen/xxXajVw

You nav bar obstructs content at certain viewports

Some of your text spills over to the email subscription option at smaller viewports

You have side scroll on smaller screens due to the video, can be fixed by giving it a max width

1 Like

Your page looks good @nikisutth9. Some things to revisit;

• Codepen provides the boilerplate for you. It only expects the code you’d put within the body element in the HTML editor. (No need to include the body tags). For anything you want to add to the <head> element click on the ‘Settings’ button, then HTML and add it into the ‘Stuff for <head>’ box.
    For instance, links to fonts go in the box labeled ‘Stuff for <head>’
  • Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
    • There are HTML syntax/coding errors you should be aware of and address.
  • Codepen provides validators for HTML, CSS and JS. Click on the chevron in the upper right of each section and then click on the respective ‘Analyze’ link.
    • The one for CSS is good. Use it and address the issue(s). (You want to avoid duplicate selectors, they can make maintenance a nightmare)
      (The one for HTML misses things which is why I recommend W3C)
  • Do not use the <br> element to force line breaks or spacing. That’s what CSS is for.
    Reference MDN Docs
  • Check that the user has entered a valid email addr. Throw an HTML5 validation error if not.
    You learned to do this when coding the survey form
  • Change the cursor to a pointer when hovering over the submit button
  • Make your page responsive. Remember, the R in RWD stands for Responsive
    There’s a horizontal scrollbar on smaller screens
  • part of your nav list disappears on smaller screens. User’s no longer have the ‘Gear’ link. This would be a bad UX.
1 Like

Thanks a lot for your advice. Trying to improve

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.