Feedback needed for my portfolio design

Hello,

I am no designer but I have designed a portfolio on Figma. I would like some feedback regarding the portfolio in general. All of its aspects (design, text, etc). What should I add ? What should I remove ? Did I highlight the important stuff properly ? Did I use the colors rightly ? What should I modify ? Anything !

Here is the link to the Figma board : https://www.figma.com/file/lC00EMtV1lMu8SZBz2Vz8q/Ali’s-Portfolio-V1.0?node-id=0%3A1

Here is the link to the Figma prototype of the portfolio : https://www.figma.com/proto/lC00EMtV1lMu8SZBz2Vz8q/Ali’s-Portfolio-V1.0?node-id=118%3A10&scaling=scale-down

Thank you and have a happy new year !
-Tech

1 Like

Hey Tech, I personally think it’s a bit odd to have AP as ‘Ali’s Portfolio’, I would probably change that to initials. I also think the Technical Skills section is far too robust. I’d keep it to maybe the icons or something and then expound upon that information on the project itself as to how it was used on the attached project.

1 Like

Alright ! Thank you so much for the feedback :slight_smile:

link to the website?

I gave links to the design of the website. One links to the frames and the other to the prototype.

I mean the actual portfolio website not the design.

Hi @Tech!

I am not much of a designer either but here are my thoughts.

I think the learn more button might be a little large in comparison to the text above it. I would make it a little smaller. Same thing for the contact me page.

Also, for the about section you might want to change the end of that third sentence.

Original ending for the third sentence:
“and different other resources”

Possible revision:
“and other resources”

I think the design looks good. Once you start coding it, then you will get a better feel if you need to change font sizes, colors, etc.

Hope that helps!

1 Like

Thank you very much for the feedback! Done ! :slight_smile: I made all of the changes you suggested :slight_smile: how is it now?

1 Like

I’m working on the design only right now. Before getting to the coding of my portfolio, I’d like to get a good design ^^.

I think that looks better.

1 Like

Looks great!

It’s simple, very easy to read and I like the colours.

Bit of feedback:

1. I would ditch the the “AP” part and just put your name there instead.
  2. Make “projects” a more important link. If anyone is interested in you as an applicant it’s likely where they will look first
  3. Remember to include google recaptcha in your design too. You won’t want a public contact form without it so it might as well be in the design

Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Thank you very much for the feedback. I’ll get to it ASAP. Any particular reasons you don’t want me to have the AP logo? I thought it looked good :sweat_smile:

EDIT : I just got rid of the Contact Me, I’ll put the portfolio link on the resumé with my phone num. so it’s useless for now

Looks great to me! For sure when you work more it will keep getting better and better.

1 Like